Do Not Call Registry Business Rules
Creating an Account
To use the services on the DNC Registry, an organisation/individual will need to apply for a main account on the DNC Registry website. Each organisation/individual will only be allowed to apply for one main account.
For organisations, one or more sub-accounts can also be created under a main account, to allow more than one user in the organisation to perform telephone number checks against the DNC Registry. There will be a one-time account creation fee for each main and sub-account.
Each main account will receive 1000 free credits every year, which will be valid for one year from the date the free credits were given.
There are three types of accounts, for:
- Organisations registered in Singapore
To create the account, the organisation’s Unique Entity Number (UEN) and a representative’s CorpPass is required. Please visit www.uen.gov.sg and www.corppass.gov.sg if you do not have them.
- Overseas organisations not registered or present in Singapore
To create the account, your company registration information and phone/utility bill are required. A user ID will be issued upon successful application.
- Any individual who needs to check the DNC Registry
To create the account, the user’s SingPass is required.
Organisation Account Types
|Registered in Singapore
|$30 ||$30 ||$60 ||$30 ||$30
|1000 annually ||None ||1000 annually ||None ||1000 annually
If your organisation is checking the DNC Registry on behalf of another organisation, you should list the name of the organisation(s) you are conducting the checks on behalf of on the declaration page during the account creation process. This list can be amended subsequently.
Upon successful creation of the account, an activation link will be sent to the email address provided. Follow the instructions provided in the email to activate the account.
Checking the Registry
There are three DNC Registers for:
- No Voice Call Register – for phone calls;
- No Text Message Register – for texts including Short Messaging Service (SMS) and Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS); and
- No Fax Message Register – for faxes.
Under the PDPA, your organisation will need to check the relevant Register(s) before sending telemarketing messages. Only 8-digit numbers starting with 3, 6, 8 or 9 will be accepted by the DNC Registry for checking.
At the DNC Registry website, there are two methods to submit telephone numbers for checking:
- Small Number Lookup
You may enter up to 10 telephone numbers at a time. Results will be displayed immediately.
- Bulk Filtering
You may submit as many telephone numbers as required by uploading a CSV file containing a single column of 8-digit telephone numbers (click here for a sample of the CSV file to be uploaded). Results will be available within 24 hours. An email and/or SMS will be sent to notify you when the results are ready.
The following result files will be available for download:
- Filtered Numbers – the list of submitted numbers together with their status in each Register. Rejected numbers will not be listed in this file. Click here for a sample file.
- Summary – a summary of the submission. Click here for a sample file.
- On Behalf List – the list of organisations that you are checking on behalf of, as at the time of submission. This file will be empty if your On Behalf List is empty. Click here for a sample file.
- Rejected Numbers – the list of submitted numbers that could not be processed, together with the reason why each number was rejected. This file will be empty if all numbers were processed successfully. Click here for a sample file.
for more details on the bulk filtering file formats.
Telephone numbers submitted will be checked against all three DNC Registers. There will be a charge for each number checked, regardless of whether the number has been submitted before. Free credits allocated will always be used first to offset any charges incurred for checking the DNC Registry, followed by purchased credits.
You can purchase credits via the Pre-paid scheme or make payment directly using the Pay-per-use scheme:
|| No. of Credits
|| Price (S$)
||Price Per Number (S$)
|A || 5,000 || $100
|| $0.02 |
|| 10,000 || $150 || $0.015
|C || 25,000 || $350
|| $0.014 |
|D || 100,000 || $1,200
|| $0.012 |
|E || 250,000
|| $2,700 || $0.0108 |
|F || 1,000,000 || $10,000 || $0.01
- Pay a fee each time to submit telephone numbers for checking against the DNC Registry.
- The minimum charge is $10. E.g. Submitting 300 numbers for checking will cost 300x$0.025=$7.50 (see price per number below), but the DNC Registry will still charge $10.
- Prices will be rounded to the nearest cent.
||Qty of Valid Numbers Submitted
|| Price Per Number (S$)
|1 - 4,999 || $0.025 |
Pay online using credit/direct debit. Offline payment option via telegraphic or bank transfer is available on request. A minimum amount of $5,000 for each transaction is required. Pre-paid credits purchased using this option will only be credited after payment has been processed by the Personal Data Protection Commission.
You are required to confirm whether the check is performed on behalf of the organisation(s) listed on the declaration page.
Results returned from the DNC Registry will be valid for up to 60 days for the first six months of the DNC Registry’s operations (and 30 days thereafter). Once the validity period has lapsed, please perform another check against the DNC Registry if your organisation intends to continue its telemarketing activities.
A printable copy of the DNC Business Rules may be found here. For step-by-step instructions to access the DNC Registry, view the how-to video for organisations here.